Monday, November 10, 2014

Geeky Monday Moment 11.10.14 Sailor Moon!

Okay, so we need to talk about another geeky love of mine. Sailor Moon.

I have loved this show since I was a kid. At first I watched the dubbed versions. You know, the ones that would come out every week, and she was named Serena, and the voice actress sounded like a female gopher who had been drinking? And then I got older and watched the whole thing in Japanese. And then again. And then again. I've watched the whole show from start to finish several times. Usually when I was pregnant and feeling ill, believe it or not. It sort of became a comfort thing.

I'm not much into anime, but Sailor Moon? This one is seriously the best for me. Just look at the ROMANCE!



I bring it up because there's a remake of the show airing RIGHT NOW (every first and third Saturday of the month) and its fantabulous. I guess it follows the manga, although I've never read the manga so I wouldn't know. But I'm totally geeking out over all of this. Are you watching the show?

So in honor of my love, Sailor Moon, I bring to you our Geeky Monday Moment.

Me wearing Sailor Moon buns:

Yeah I'm not sure what came over me. I randomly thought I might want to try making the buns, so I did. And then I started laughing because I'm such a dork, so I figured it would be a perfect Geeky Monday Moment to share with you. Behold, the nerdiness. At some point I'm going to get too old to post pictures of myself doing absurd things, but I figure I can still get away with it. For now.

And yeah I took those down pretty much right away. My kids laughed at me, and the bobby pins were spearing my scalp. How does Sailor Moon do it? Fight bad guys AND feel her hair pinching all the time? She's tough as nails; don't underestimate her.

Have an awesome week my fellow geeks!


2 comments:

  1. An enjoyable read even though I don't get sailor moon at all. My daughter likes watching it. I don't get my daughter, either. (wmdean.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you watched it?? Just kidding. It's mostly a girl thing, I believe. Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete