Monday, March 3, 2014

Geeky Monday Moment With a Tournament

Bibliophiles! Good morning to you!

I have been a little bit busy the last month or so. I'd like to say I'm busily writing chapter after chapter every day, but the truth is I'm editing one novel, homeschooling my kids, and watching Korean Dramas. I feel a Korean Drama post coming on, actually...

Also, I'm in a writing tournament. In case you haven't heard of these--and I hadn't until someone sent me the link to it--these are set up tournament style where you are paired with one or more people, and you compete to make a story based on an ongoing prompt/plot. You have to write in your fellow writer's character (based on their character sheet they fill out beforehand), and the winning writer's story becomes cannon, and they then advance to the next round.

So far I've done two round and won both. My third round is due today, and I had one of those moments where I realized a little late that it was due. I thought that had ended after I graduated college! Guess not.

Should I share my tournament entries? I've been considering it. Maybe I'll start sharing them one by one every week until I'm either eliminated or, preferably, I win!

Have you ever done a writing tournament? I have to admit, it's really a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment