Monday, December 30, 2013

Geeky Monday Moment About Getting BIZAY

Happy Monday again! I took a nice week off from all things marketing, and enjoyed some Christmas-ey family time, as well as some quality writing hours! In case you were unaware, I finally graduated with my Bachelors this semester, so I don't have to worry about that on my plate anymore!

More importantly, I have been a writing fiend, and The Taylor Chronicles: Plane Walker is pretty much done. I'm very, very excited about this book! It's got everything: Paranormal suspense, action, mystery, cool dudes with out of this world power...some romance. Hot twins. You can't go wrong.

Anyway, I found this hilarious picture:


Besides the fact that I happen to have a four-year-old (not named Hermione) and grew up reading the Harry Potter series, I found it hilarious and appropriate for me to tell my husband as he went out the door to work, "I'm a writer...and gettin' BIZAY!" Don't worry, he already holds my sanity in question.

It makes me happy that a new generation of Harry Potter lovers has been born. I fully intend to introduce the series to my children when they are old enough. And that was my geek moment for the day, because realizing that Harry Potter is timeless and lovely, and worthy of being passed down through generations makes me inexplicably giddy.

Have a fabulous week, and stop by later this week for a post I've been dying to write. My experience comparing traditional publishing and self-publishing!

1 comment:

  1. Taking a break is the best, isn't it?

    I noticed awhile ago that you went to school in Rexburg? So did I! I get my RN there, and grew up 30 minutes south of the Burg. At any rate, I can't wait to hear your experience!

    ReplyDelete