Monday, October 7, 2013

Geeky Monday Moment

It's everybody's favorite day again! I love starting my week off with a Geeky Monday Moment. Today's moment comes from an experience I had last week. My first negative review. Two stars, several pages worth of ranting, and a feminist-fueled rant against my dainty main character contributed to the storm that was my first scathing review. I admit, it did take my breath away for a moment. WHOOSH *cough, wheeze, splutter*

But then I remembered that not everyone is going to like my work. Especially people who prefer she-woman warriors as their protagonist. Which I don't like at all.

The hardest part about getting a negative review is not retaliating. I wanted to go through every piece of her criticism and retort, explain, and elaborate on my ideas. But I have to remember that everyone is different, and some people just aren't going to be very nice about their opinions. As much as I want to retort, I'm going to just keep it cool and keep on rollin.

So with that, I give you the Geeky Monday Moment, brought to  you by...

Deadpool

Haters gonna hate, and no one flies in the face of mockery better than Deadpool.

Have an awesome Monday, and stay geeky, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment