Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Kingdom for a Title

This sequel is killing me! Not because I can't write it or anything (down to the last two chapters here! Eeee!) but because I can't come up with a good title.

See, I've had a title picked out, but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Want to help me?

Okay, so here's the title:

Malafide

The tricky thing is that it is a Latin word, and is pronounced in a different way than you might read it. The pronunciation is "Mala-fye-dee."

I've been dithering back and forth about whether or not to change this name/title, but the real problem is that I haven't been able to come up with anything better. All the other names I found just didn't fit with what this is supposed to name. And NO, I shall not tell you what it is. That would spoil it.

So what do you think? Yea or Nay to Malafide?

7 comments:

  1. Personally it doesn't grab me like lunula did.... I say nay, but only out of love lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm looking for honesty here! Thank you for your input!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read either of your books, so take this with a grain of salt, but I personally won't buy a book if the title and cover don't work together to pull me in. A title I can't immediately pronounce in my head seriously puts me off the sale.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a valid point! Thank you for your input!

      Delete
  3. I also have not read any of your books. When I first looked at the title, I don't know Latin so I spoke it like any normal english word. Who are your readers? Latin? If not, you better think a new title for people to purchase rather than show off your bilingual skills. :) Oh boy I'm speakin as a marketer. :) Just keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read your books either, but this title seems like a "nay." We don't know the pronunciation or the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the people above. I wouldn't have pronounced it right without your explanation. Also, do you have any idea when this will be available? I am just itching to get my hands on the next one!!

    ReplyDelete