Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kirstin Pulioff

Our first spotlight is author Kirstin Pulioff. She happens to be a fellow writer for my publisher, Malachite Quills. I have talked with Kirstin as we have interacted through our authors circles and this bookfair, and I can tell you that she is one awesome person. She has a passion for writing, especially for the middle grade audience, and the reviews for her book The Escape of Princess Madeline are fantastic. Below is a little information about the book:

Picture The Kingdom of Soron is known for many things, its rolling landscape, haunting history, fiery sunsets, and its beautiful princess.  Princess Madeline woke on her sixteenth birthday to realize that her future had been planned out, a life full of privilege, royalty, and boredom... a life with a husband and knight champion that she did not choose.  Using her charm, strength and stubbornness, she defies the King at every turn, determined to keep her freedom on her terms.

Freedom quickly turns to disaster as she finds herself seized by a group of wandering bandits.   With the kingdom in turmoil over her capture- her Knight Champion eager to prove himself, a group of dedicated suitors determined to win her hand, and a group of exiled wizards join forces in the hunt to rescue her.  Follow Princess Madeline in this adventure to find freedom and love.


Available here at Amazon.com
Available here at Barnes & Noble
Available here at Caliburn Books 

I also had an interview with the lovely Kirstin, and here are her answers to my short survey:




1.) What books from your childhood sparked your imagination? 

 I have always been a reader and fascinated by the worlds those books took me to.  My imagination sparked with the wonders that Dr. Seuss told, my childhood adventures blossomed with the babysitters club, and my desire for reading grew as David Eddings and Piers Anthony took me on wild adventures.

2.) What gets your imagination going now? 

Reading of course still gives me plenty of ideas and lets my imagination grow, but one of my main sources of inspiration comes from being outdoors in nature. 


3.) When you get writers block, how do you get past it?   

First step is to stop and take a break, and let the tension in my mind relax.  Usually a good walk, swinging at the park or a hike in the woods puts me back in the right frame of mind.

4.) What is your writing process like? Do you plan everything out before you write it? Just go with the flow? 

When I sit down to write, I do have a loose outline for the story, and an idea of what themes, conflicts, and plots directions I want to take.  I let the characters guide me though on the specific details as I write, and my original idea is not always the one that ends up in the final draft.


5.) What is your favorite dessert? 

 I LOVE Strawberry shortcake.  Nothing beats a huge scoop of fresh strawberries topped with a mountain of whipped cream!


Visit Kirstin at her website!

www.kirstinpulioff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment